Monday, June 18, 2012

Biggest Loser Week 5

Weekly Challenges:
Exercise Challenge: Do 1 1/2 hours of exercise including 30 minutes of Core Workouts
Food Challenge: No Soda for one week (I don't usually drink soda unless I have a migraine and then I'll drink one diet coke and the caffeine takes away my headache in less than 10 minutes). So anyway this one was pretty easy for me.

Friday: 130 minutes of exercise - 7 minutes of Core (Ran 1.5 miles in 14 minutes (9:50/mile pace) Did 45 minutes of Turbo Jam and 30 minutes of Tae Bo. Then I ddi Tony Horton's 7 minute ab workout and played Tennis with Peter in the evening.)
Saturday: 90 minutes of exercise (Walked the last 5 or 6 miles of my sister in law's marathon)
Monday: 68 minutes of Exercise - 30 minutes of Core (ran 4 miles in 38 minutes (9:40/mile pace), Tony Horton's 7 minute ab workout, 23 minutes of Fitness Fast Ab workout 2 sets of abdominal 4 point draw in (25 reps each), 2 sets of crunches (30 reps each), 2 sets of Side Bends with 20 lb weight (20 reps each), 2 sets of Bent Knee Hip Raises (30 reps each)
Tuesday: 65 minutes of exercise (65 minutes of Zumba) This totally works your core but I don't know if you would count it)
Thursday: 80 minutes of exercise (60 minutes of Zumba. Ran 2 miles on the treadmill (about 10 min/mile)


Total Exercise for the week: 433 minutes including 37 of minutes of Core (162 minutes of core if you count Zumba)

Total Weight Loss for the week 3.1 pounds


I'm also still not eating after 8pm and trying to only snack on fruits and veggies instead of crackers and "kid stuff". I've still been drinking 8-10 (sometimes 12) glasses of water per day and staying under my calorie goal of 1300 calories. Trying to build on all of the challenges from each week and if possible doing all of them every week. I guess it's working because I was the top loser for week 5 of the Biggest Loser Challenge. That's twice now for winning the $10 for losing the highest percentage of weight for the week, I've been in the top 10 all five weeks and the top 5 for four of the 5 weeks. I'm tied for first place right now overall. I think I have a chance of winning this thing! :)

I also started a P90X challenge with my siblings and their spouses today as well. We are going to do the actual schedule for 90 days (doing 5-6 of the workouts per week). We are each putting in $20 and the person who does at least 5 workouts a week, every week for the full 90 days and who checks in every week will get the $120 winnings. :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment