Friday, June 8, 2012

Biggest Loser Week 4

Week 4 Challenges: Don't eat after 8pm and run or walk a mile every day for 6 days this week.

There isn't much to say about this week because like I've mentioned before, I have been not eating after 8pm with my sister in law for the past several weeks so it's habit now. So I didn't eat after 8pm this week either! :)

Walking or running a mile every day was easy since I've been training for the half marathon and have been doing 4 miles every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and 6-7 miles on Saturday. So I decided to either walk or do a quick sprint on Tuesday and Friday as well. So here's how far I went this past week:

Friday: I ran a mile in 9:24 and then walked a half mile and then ran almost another half mile in 4 minutes (9:13 av pace)
Saturday: Ran 6 miles in just over an hour (av pace of 10:50/mile)
Monday: Ran 4 miles in 43 minutes (10:45 av pace)
Tuesday: Ran .25 miles to the church for a Zumba class, did an hour of Zumba and then ran .25 miles home then walked another .5 miles on the treadmill
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles in 43 minutes (10:45 av pace)
Thursday: Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill (I didn't go my whole 4 miles because I did an hour of Zumba that morning and I was tired!)

So that's that! I lost another 2.9 pounds this week, making my total since February 28.3 pounds and since the start of this competition 13.5 pounds.

AND In other exciting news, I got FIRST PLACE last week for the highest percentage of weight lost out of the 50 people competing and for completing both of the challenges! So I won $10 for this week. I've been in the top 10 all 3 weeks so far (8th the first week, 4th the second week, and 1st last week) and for accumulative percentages lost total to date I'm in 3rd place overall (1st place lost 6.8 percent body weight, 2nd place lost 5.9 and I've lost 5.8 percent). So I'm thinking I could actually win the $500 first place or at least 2nd or 3rd place. My weight loss has been really consistent the whole time so far (2% the first week, 1.9% the 2nd week and 1.9% the 3rd week and this week I lost 1.7% but the results haven't been posted so I'm not sure where I'll place.) But yes, it's fair to say that I'm feeling rather competitive! :)

I think I'm ready to post my progress pictures as well. Holy smokes some of them are scary! Let's just say pregnancy number 6 was NOT kind to me and left me looking 6-9 months pregnant for 10 months after I had the baby. It was pretty bad. Luckily though, it's coming off and hopefully the next pregnancy won't be as hard and I'll be able to exercise for more than the first 3 months and won't gain as much weight and thus have to go through this crazy process all over again! But anyway! Hopefully the pictures don't make you want to throw up in your mouth! :)

I've posted my progress pictures on the sidebar but I think I'll post the new pic each week so you can see them a little better.

Here's the first picture I took of myself in November of 2011. I was so discouraged that even with all of my consistent exercise and good eating habits I was still not loosing anything and I decided that since this was by far the biggest I've been (not pregnant) I decided to take a picture so I could see all of my progress when the weight finally did start coming off.


Here are the pictures that I took this morning after my 4th week of this Biggest Loser Challenge:


I don't look pregnant anymore, just still pudgy around the middle. I still have about 22 pounds to loose before I reach my goal, but I can finally see progress... a lot of progress. And the fact that I've lost over 28 pounds so far makes that last 22 seem a lot more attainable! :)

1 comment:

  1. you are looking great Janelle! way to go! but whaaaa was that comment about the NEXT pregnancy?? for real? i thought for sure you guys were finally done. :)

    ReplyDelete