Friday, June 29, 2012

Biggest Loser Week 7

Challenges for week 7:
Exercise: 2 hours of exercise including 30 minutes of sprint training
Food: no fast food for the week.

Sprint training was a lot harder than I thought! I figured I'm a runner and I've been running for awhile and even pushing myself during my runs to run as fast as I can to a certain point a few times during each run. But when I set out on my run I did 5 minutes of warm up jogging and then I ran at full sprint for 1 minute and then jogged for 1 minute and then sprinted for 1 minute and jogged for 1 minute and I was already exhausted. I realized that I wasn't going to be able to keep that up for the whole 3 miles so I sprinted 1 minute and jogged 2 minutes. I could feel each sprint slowing down a little and my jogging in between slowing down quite a bit each time but I did it. My average pace was 10:10 per mile. I really thought that it'd be a lot faster since I was sprinting so much of it, but I guess my jogging slowed down considerably in between and put my average about where I usually end up when I go on a regular run.
No fast food was pretty easy. We don't eat out much. Peter and I will often go to dinner on the weekend for a date night but I just ate a big salad and a little bit of pasta and I felt pretty good about it.

Here's my picture for the week. I lost 3.5 pounds this week. Hopefully that's enough to get me another first place this week. I came in 7th place last week with my 2.2 pounds lost. I'm still in the top 3 overall but I'm hoping to get back in the lead when the results come in tomorrow. Still 5 weeks to go but I'd like to stay close to the top the whole time so I can be sure to take home a prize! :)


P90X is going well. I'm trying to change up my running schedule because I REALLY love my Zumba class and am not willing to give it up so I was sometimes doing three (45-60 minutes each) workouts in one day. I noticed that I'm getting pretty burned out and I probably need to be eating more to make up for the extra calories burned but I'm still seeing such great results and LOVE the workouts that I don't want to stop. So I'm trying now to have my two "rest days" from running be on my two days that I have Zumba and hopefully that keeps me from collapsing in exhaustion! Lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment