Friday, May 25, 2012

Biggest Loser Week 2

This week's challenges are first, exercising for an hour this week (total) but this week we are supposed to keep an exercise journal and write down what kind of exercise we did and how long we did it. I do that for my runs 3-4 times a week with an app on my phone called RunKeeper and also on MyFitnessPal.com (I mostly use the app as well). I'm also keeping an exercise log on the right side of my blog here. So I've got that part of the challenge done. And second, we are supposed to figure out how many calories we should be eating according to our current height and weight and activity level and then stay under that amount for the week.

Mine is ridiculously high since my weight is still ridiculously high and according to all of the calorie calculators I've found online, to maintain my weight I would have to eat about 2350 calories per day. Gross. Then it says if you want to loose weight you should set a goal to eat 500 calories less than that number, which would put me at 1850 calories per day. Still gross. I couldn't eat that much per day even if I tried to force myself to. I guess since I exercise 5-6 times a week I'm supposed to be eating a lot more calories even if I want to loose weight. It says to loose weight I need eat about 1800-1850 calories per day and for extreme weight loss I need to eat about 1500-1550 calories per day. So where to set my goal calorie intake? I decided to stick it at 1600. So that's my goal, stay under 1600 calories per day. Also take into account as you see what my total calories are at the end of each day that those are the calories that I actually consumed and it doesn't factor in the calories that I burned from exercise or regular daily activities. Here is what I've eaten this week (taken from my MyFitnessPal.com account)

Friday the 18th: 
Exercise for the day: 45 minutes of Tae Bo and had a 20 minute Dance Party with my girls while Peter had all of the boys on a Fathers and Sons Campout. Burned about 758 Calories. We ate pizza and milkshakes and watched The Little Princess. It was a fantastic day!

Breakfast:
Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Maple & Brown Sugar - Single Packets, 2 packet
Lunch:
Broccoli Steamed - Broccoli Steamed (Plain), 1 Cup
Walmart - Chicken Breast, Skinless, Boneless- 112 Grams, 56 grams
Great Value - Classic Alfredo Pasta Sauce, 1/8 cup
Great Value (Walmart) - Bow Tie Pasta, 0.5 cup
Dinner:
Little Caesars - Cheese Thin Crust Pizza, 3 piece
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Snacks:
Nabisco - Wheat Thins, Original Whole Grain Family Size, 8 crackers
Snickers - Candy Bar (Fun Size), 1 bar
Carl's Junior - Oreo Milkshake, 198.5 g

Total Calories: 1,518
Total Carbs: 159
Total Fat: 58
Total Protein: 36

Saturday the 19th:
Exercise for the day: Walked about a 1/2 mile while holding my 25 pound baby and then I went on a 40 minute bike ride on my friends beach cruise up a CRAZY hill! Burned about 536 Calories. I also did weights with Peter for about 40 minutes. We worked on shoulders, biceps and abs.
It was a crazy day and I did eat very much at all. I'm still doing the no eating after 8pm challenge with my Mother in law and Sister in law so when I got back from my bike ride and it was after 8pm I decided just to skip dinner.

Breakfast:
Homemade - Cinnamon Bread, 1 slice
Ecodrink Daily - Daily Multivitamin, 0.26 oz.
Lunch:
Little Caesar's - Cheese Pizza - Hot 'n Ready, 1 slice
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Dinner:
Snacks:
Shultz the Big Bag of Mini Pretzels (Costco) - Hard, Salted Pretzels, 14.25 pretzels
Great Value - Trail Mix (Mountain), 1/4 cup (30g)

Total Calories: 721
Total Carbs: 74
Total Fat: 19
Total Protein: 19

Sunday the 20th:
Exercise for the day: I wrestled my 6 kids through 1 hour of Sacrament Meeting and worked up a sweat so I consider it exercise ;) I also went on a short walk. Burned about 190 Calories.

Breakfast:
Grandma Sycamore's Home-Made Bread - 100% Whole Wheat, 2 slice
Raw - Apple, 1 small
Lunch:
Grandma Sycamore's Home-Made Bread - 100% Whole Wheat, 2 slice
Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large
I Can't Believe Its Not Butter! Light - Margarine Spread, 1.5 Tsp
Great Value - Light Nonfat Yogurt ~ Raspberry, 6 oz
Dinner:
Homemade - Soft Taco - Ground Beef, Shredded Cheese, Shredded Lettuce on A Tortilla, 1 taco
Ortega - Hard Shell Taco (Updated 5/3/12), 1 shells
Santiago - Refried Beans Dehydrated, 1/4 cup prepared
Snacks:
Homemade - Oreo Cookie, 1 cookie
Sweet's - Salt Water Taffy, 7 pieces

Total Calories: 1,293
Total Carbs: 203
Total Fat: 38
Total Protein: 46

Monday the 21st:
Exercise for the day: Ran 3 miles in just under 33 minutes (av pace 10:44/mile). Burned about 454 Calories Felt exhausted when I woke up but got out and ran anyway it felt really good to exercise but I was bummed that my pace was over 10:30/mile.

Breakfast:
Great Value - Light Nonfat Yogurt ~ Raspberry, 6 oz
Great Value - Toasted Corn Cereal, 1 cup (Dry)
Wal-Mart-Great Value Skim Milk--0% - Skim Milk 0%, 0.75 cup
Lunch:
Great Value - Mountain Trailmix, 1/4 cup (30g)
Slim Fast Optima - Chocolate Shake Powder Mix, 1 scoop
Dinner:
Wal-Mart (Marketside) - Traditional Rotisserie Chicken, 3 oz
Walmart - Dinner Roll Whole Wheat, 1 roll
Peas - Green, frozen, unprepared, 0.5 cup
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Snacks:
Sweet's - Salt Water Taffy, 7 pieces

Total Calories: 1,219
Total Carbs: 166
Total Fat: 26
Total Protein: 44

Tuesday the 22nd:
Exercise for the day: Uh... I ran around my house cleaning and doing laundry and chasing my 3 youngest boys all morning, that counts, right? I also started doing weights with Peter in the evening but then we got a phone call that my sister in law was about to have her baby and if we wanted to see him be born we had to leave NOW! So I left after only doing 2 or 3 sets of weights (and still missed the birth by 10 minutes).


Breakfast:
Great Value - Trail Mix (Mountain), 1/4 cup (30g)
Lunch:
Walmart - Dinner Roll Whole Wheat, 2 roll
Oscar Mayer - Delifresh Combos- Ham / Roast Beef, 7 slices
French's - Classic Yellow Mustard, 1 tsp (5 g)
Apples - Raw, with skin, 0.5 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)
Dinner:
Beef - Loin, bottom sirloin butt, tri-tip roast, lean only, cooked, roasted, 100 g
Walmart - French Bread Single Loaf, 1 oz.
Earth Greens - Spring Mix Salad, 85 g
Best Life - Corn and Black Bean Salad, 1/2 cup
Snacks:
Great Value (Walmart) - Smile Fruit Snacks, 1 package
Sara's/Recipe Off Choc Chip Bag - Homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, 1 cookie

Total Calories: 1,302
Total Carbs: 162
Total Fat: 29
Total Protein: 66 (lol! I think that's the only time in my life I have gone OVER my protein goal! I'm not much of a meat eater I guess I'm supposed to try to stay under 60.

Wednesday the 23rd:
Exercise for the day:  I ran 4 miles in 41 minutes (average 10:20/mile) and then did 20 minutes of Turbo Sculpt (strength training). And Tony Horton's 7 minute ab workout and then I took the kids on a walk in the evening. We were out walking for about a half hour. I burned about 1038 calories.

I decided that I really want to step up my work outs. Even though I exercise 6 days a week and I've been under my calorie goal this week I still hadn't lost any weight this week so I decided to do double workouts until I lost some more weight. Of course after a double workout I got on the scale this morning and had lost a pound. But I think I'll double tomorrow and Friday as well just to up my chances of getting the most weight loss for the week for the biggest loser competition.


Breakfast:
Slim Fast Optima - Chocolate Shake Powder Mix, 1 scoop
Lunch:
Great Value - Light Nonfat Yogurt ~ Raspberry, 6 oz
Slim Fast Optima - Chocolate Shake Powder Mix, 1 scoop
Dinner:
Gina's Skinny Taste Recipes - Sweet Barbacoa Pork - Slow Cooked, 3 oz
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Earth Greens - Spring Mix Salad, 85 g
Homemade - Dinner Rolls, 1 roll
Snacks:
Sara's/Recipe Off Choc Chip Bag - Homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, 1 cookie
Generic - Homemade - No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, 2 Cookie (50 grams)

Total Calories: 1,457
Total Carbs: 163
Total Fat: 32
Total Protein: 46

Thursday the 24th:

Exercise for the day: I ran 4 miles in 41 minutes with an average pace of 10:19/mile. Then I came home and did a 20 minute Turbo Jam video and Tony Horton's 7 minute ab workout (except that I had to start and stop it several times so I started it over and ended up doing about 10 minutes of abs instead!) I also did 50 push ups. I burned about 1000 calories.

Breakfast:
Ecodrink Daily - Daily Multivitamin, 0.26 oz.
Lunch:
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Slim Fast Optima - Chocolate Shake Powder Mix, 1 scoop
Great Value Skim Milk - Fat Free Milk, 1 cup
Dinner:
Watermelon - Raw, 1 cup, diced
Carrots - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
Homemade - Hamburger Patty, 1 patty
Tillamook - Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese - From Costco, 3/8 oz (21g) 1 slice
Great Value - Hamburger Bun, 1 bun
Sweet Baby Ray's - Bbq Sauce, Original, 1 TBSP
Mustard French's - Classic Yellow Mustard, 1 tsp
Fresh - Romaine Lettuce , 1 leaves (85g)
Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.25 cup, sliced
Kroger - Hamburger Dill Slices Pickles, 1 slices
Generic - Tomato - Raw, Diced or Sliced, 1 oz
Snacks:
Pepperidge Farm - Whole Grain Fishy Crackers, 27.5 pieces (30 g/1.1 oz)
Nabisco - Wheat Thins, Original Whole Grain Family Size, 8 crackers

Total Calories: 876
Total Carbs: 116
Total Fat: 28
Total Protein: 42


No comments:

Post a Comment